Call your amigos and let them know Cinco de Mayo is around the corner and it’s party time!! Not sure what to do or how to decorate? No worries Team JLW has your back. We listed a few helpful tips.
Décor: Brighten up the room with rich, warm colors such as, red, yellow, orange, and green. These colors are popular in Mexican clothing, art, rugs, crafts and jewelry and also work well for theme party décor.
- Sombreros and maracas make perfect centerpieces for tables.
- Decorate your entrance with Mexican signs, travel posters, and colorful banners, so when your guests arrive they feel the Mexican culture.
- If you really want to surprise your guests, greet them in your best Mexican costume.
Food and Drinks: In order to stick with the Mexican theme, foods such as tamales, quesadillas, salsa, refried beans, and homemade corn chips, are great for parties and easy to make.
- Have a section in your event area for a taco bar, so your guests can build their own. Decorate the food tables by placing colorful vegetables on white platters to add the finishing touch.
- For deserts, have mini cupcakes in colorful margarita glasses and place them on a desert table.
Let’s not forget, this is a party and what’s a party without a bar.
- Have a margarita bar and tequila sampling station and an attendant at each station to make sure no one is going overboard.
- These stations can be decorated with margarita glasses and fruit to add in the drinks.
- For the guests who are not heavy drinkers, have a Mexican wine sampling with a cheese and cracker display and have a display of Mexican sodas.
- The colorful sodas can also double as part of your decor
- Allow your guest to dress up and host a costume contest for the most traditional and/or colorful Mexican outfit.
- Have Mariachi music playing in the back ground or why not hire a live Mariachi band and have a dance contest to involve guests. This will really have your guest talking.
Remember this is for enjoyment and to celebrate Mexican heritage. Let’s go out and have fun!!!
J. Ladson Weddings
WEBSITE: www.jladsonweddings.com ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
EMAIL: Jade@jladsonweddings.com ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/jladsonweddings ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
I don’t know about you, but when I hear someone’s engaged, I’ve GOT to know the story behind the proposal! Sometimes the story is simple: the couple was just watching TV together and realized that they’d be perfectly happy doing simple things like that with one another for their rest of their lives. Sometimes the story is more elaborate: a couple who met on an airplane ride get engaged in a private helicopter on their anniversary (yes, that actually happened and it wasn’t a movie).
But personally? Some of my favorite proposals are during the big engagement boom of the holidays!
If you have social media, you know that around Christmas time and New Years, everybody and their brother is updating their relationship statuses to “engaged”! So in honor of the holidays coming up, here’s a few of my personal favorite Holiday Proposal Ideas!!
1. Ice Skating Rink Proposal
One of the cutest holidays proposals I’ve seen was when a friend of mine got engaged on the ice skating rink at Rockefeller Center! Now, not everyone’s got a vacay budget to allow them to travel to NYC to do something like this, so any public ice skating rink is perfectly fine. This is a great idea for someone who wants to make their engagement a huge spectacle! Hundreds of people cheering, video footage of the proposal will be a non-issue…plus, it literally will feel like a movie come to life!
2. Miracle on 34th Street Proposal
While I was coming up with ideas for this blog, I was trying to think of a unique way of getting engaged during the holidays that I personally would totally say yes to. And this was my idea! Okay, so here it is…remember the scene from Miracle on 34th Street where Santa arranges Mrs. Walker and Bryan Bedford to meet each other after Christmas Mass at church? And turns out they’re getting married the night before Christmas? Well, imagine this spin on that: You invite your significant other to Christmas Mass, but tell them they need to get there early. So they walk through the door, and see you standing at the end of the altar holding a ring and as he/she starts to walk forward toward you, music starts playing and you get down on one knee and propose!!!!! And then once they say yes, the choir starts singing Christmas songs!
3. Present Under the Christmas Tree
This proposal is much simpler compared to the previous proposals, but still just as romantic. It’s actually sort of like an “Every Kiss Begins with Kay” holiday commercial. Imagine this: your whole family is sitting around opening Christmas gifts, having a great time, and really enjoying Christmas morning. And then your significant other gets to the last present box. Now, it can’t be a tiny ring sized box because then it would be totally obvious what they’re opening. So do a “box within a box” situation! He/she opens up the present to find…an engagement ring! Literally the best Christmas present ever!
4. Tree Lighting Ceremony Proposal
Most cities have a big Tree Lighting Ceremony of some sort. So why not make this the platform for your perfect Holiday Proposal? As soon as the Christmas lights go on, you know what to do! Get down on one knee and propose to your special someone!
5. New Years Proposal
And then, there’s the classic New Years Proposal. So many people do it, but it’s because it never gets old! Don’t just give your special someone a New Years Kiss at the stroke of midnight…give them something they’ll never forget for all New Years to come! An engagement ring!